Please join NAMI Orange County in supporting Club Nova’s building fundraising campaign. Their goal is to raise $5 million to replace the crumbling mill-house that has been their home for thirty years, with a new building to meet their expanding needs. Club Nova’s positive impact in our community cannot be overstated. Club Nova demonstrates every day that with the support of community, meaningful recovery is possible for anyone who lives with a serious and persistent mental illness.
Club Nova is not about treatment of illness – it’s about caring and support for the whole person. And that empowers the person to build a future. At Club Nova, there is no such thing as stigma, only warm welcomes.
Together, club members, staff, and volunteers work side by side to provide every member with meaningful social connections, work opportunities, nutritious meals, the support and help needed to manage a crisis if one should occur, assistance to find appropriate housing, and the structure needed for club members to build on success.
To learn more and make a donation online, visit their website at www.clubnova.org., or call Sadie Brooks, Associate Director, at (919) 968-6682.
This year, NAMI Orange County volunteers have
- taught NAMI programs, including Family to Family, Peer to Peer, Parents and Teachers as Allies
- provided support groups
- spoken about mental healthcare to UNC nurses, UNC pharmacy students, and UNC graduate students
- talked to police officers at CIT trainings
- partnered with UNC Neurosciences Hospital and UNC Hospital Volunteers to provide mental health information monthly in the lobby – a program we call NAMI Friends in the Lobby
- advocated for more and better mental healthcare individually, at the legislature, and by sponsoring the Legislative Breakfast
- provided support for mental healthcare through our donations
- sponsored the Faith Connections Conference on Mental Illness
- provided information on community resources through our help line
- advocated for children’s mental healthcare by serving on the Mental Health Community Connections for Children and Youth committee
- distributed information on mental health at community events throughout the year
We plan to do even more in the coming year.
NAMI Orange County is an all-volunteer organization that relies on donations like yours. So please volunteer, and please donate.
And thank you for your support.
President, NAMI Orange County